Saturday, May 31, 2008

It's been a while

And I've missed you.

Firstly - big ups to the Fishy. Happy Bday and *hugs*!
Secondly - *hugs* for Ug. Sorry I missed you but I'm glad you are okay.

There has been lots happening.
  1. I went to my first bookfair in Auckland. It's not as well organised as Wellington ones - actually it wasn't really organised at all! There was about 5 paperback tables and 2 hardback tables and the non-fiction was all sorted but other than that it was a free-for-all. It was still rateable because of the fact I picked up 2 books by an author that I quite like but have never seen on a table at a bookfair in Wellington, and the fact that Toni was a book-fair virgin until we walked in the door :)
  2. I won a raffle. So it's not lotto, but still. It was a cooler bag full of food, much of which was desserty. Excellent.
  3. I went to Auckland Zoo. It was okay since they have cool things like hippos and rhinoceroeseses and baby orangutans, and californian sealions with a viewing port under the pool. I enjoyed it more than I would have normally since Nic was with me and it was a really nice day and we got sunburnt. Comparisons were drawn about cage sizes and the lack of chimpanzees so not as cool as we had hoped. But still - lions and tigers and ex-shorty street stars, oh my! (sorry no bears).
  4. Toni took me to Barbara's Books out in Manukau. It was full of Brotherhood of the Black Dagger, Mary-Janice Davidson, and Kressley Cole type books. They do mail order and they are relatively cheap. Awesome.
  5. I went out dancing for the first time in Auckland. Ballroom dancing. It's so nice having a proper floor to dance on. It was not so nice having blisters so bad that I was unable to wear closed in shoes the rest of the week, but I don't think I care. I'm addicted again.
  6. I went out dancing for the first time in Auckland. Well Nic and I attempted to. Apparently nowhere in Auckland really gets going until midnight so that kind of sucks. Another attempt will be made at a later date.
  7. I drove to Wellington in just on 7 3/4 hours on 1 tank of gas on the day they upped the price to 2.009.
  8. I saw Indy at the movies. Personally I was slightly less impressed than with the other movies but it was fun. And it's not going to stop me from getting it on DVD.
  9. I moved into my new house. It's very odd as am still unpacking and have no furniture so means that I can't buy food unless I eat it straight away. :/ But it's still really nice being able to have a place all to myself! I have walked around the house sans anything atleast once just cause I can.

I've been very busy at work. My boss went on paternity leave on the same day he told everyone he might go any time in the next 2 weeks. So I've been covering his job and reviewing 48,000 lines of product information. I hate spreadsheets at the moment.

I'm back in the office next week with little/nothing to do so am very relieved. Quick breather and then I'll be off again :)

I'm totally raving about Botany Downs. Okay, so it's half way to frigging Hamilton but it's quite cool - loads of shops and a good pub. And there is ice skating which I would quite like to try.

Heading down to Welly again soon for birthday. Hopefully will catch few more people then. But until then *hugs* for everyone.

P.S. Chellica / Nic / Becks - Step Up 2 has release date of 15 Jul on Amazon.... I'm thinking of preordering :)

No comments: