Friday, August 22, 2008

Poor Baby Whale

(I've finally figured out how to change my timezone! Hurrah!)

I've been avidly avoiding the stories about the baby whale on TV, on the various websites that I view, and in the newspapers (even though I don't see a whole lot of those). But this morning I saw on the NZ Herald site that vets are going to euthanise the poor little blighter because he's starving, and my pathetic girly hormones kicked in and I started to tear up.

In my logical brain, I have a voice saying it's for the best, cause you don't want a starving baby to suffer.

In my illogical, girly brain, there is a big storm of pathetic sobbing saying don't kill the baby whale, get a whole lot of milk and get a really big baby bottle and just attach it to the bottom of a yacht.

This is why I don't watch animal movies. I worry too much about the animals and just can't cope with all the drama.

Edit Note: It's 3.45pm and I've just been told that they put poor baby whale Colin down. More tearing up. :(

No comments: