Thursday, October 16, 2008

The Good, The Bad, and The Undateable

Good things:
  • Charlotte has finally made it home out of hospital. Hurrah Little Fish.
  • Nic loaned me the good version of Persuasion.
  • The Evil League of Evil Application: The Embezzler. Congrats to everyone involved esp Morgue and Tec. If Joss doesn't pick this one, I don't know what is wrong with him (not that I'm biased or anything).
  • A friend has announced she's pregnant. Woo! Especially so since she was starting to get a touch paranoid (*grin*)
  • I'm going to visit the city of the future (Tron) tomorrow. This trip I've managed to get time with Miss T and will catch up with a friend that I haven't seen since Form 1. V. exciting.
  • I finished my first strategy document ever. And apparently it was good.
  • I finished writing my first RFP document ever. And apparently that was good too.
  • Work paid for some trips to Wellington which meant I got to see a few people unexpectedly.
  • I found some friends through work to play Munchkin and Apples to Apples with.
  • "My" girls come to visit next weekend! I'm very excited.
  • The Phantom has started at the Civic. Also v. exciting. And I get to go!
  • Judge comes to visit soon!
  • Xmas is only weeks away and I'm on holiday in Wellington for 2 whole weeks.
  • The tax rebates. Took long enough and might actually have some benefit on my savings.

Bad Things:

  • Charlotte was in hospital :(
  • Babylon AD. Don't do it to yourself.
  • The neighbours got burgled, which has made me slightly paranoid about locking things.
  • I've been lacking hugs. I'm starting to go into serious withdrawl.
  • I've put on weight again and current exercise levels are not balancing it. And I don't want to spend bundles on joining a gym cause I have yet to find one I like.
  • I haven't been to dancing in ages cause I've been so busy that I'm finding it hard to actually get to classes.
  • I haven't talked to my brother in ages. I'm feeling like a very bad sister.

The Undateable:

After considering my pathetic lack of love life, I decided to give the virtual dating world another whirl. I don't consider myself to be a supermodel in any way/shape/form (unless you count the generous cleavage), but I'm not some huckery-mole either.

So after putting myself out there, I managed to talk to some bloke and arrange for coffee. The obvious next step when you are spending considerable time chatting to each other. Not a problem!, I hear you say. It's just coffee! LIARS, all of you. I got STOOD UP. Luckily it was at the coffee place in Borders so I made myself feel better by buying a new book.

So following all of this I have continued my search for someone who I might make friends with, with a potential to date, with a remarkable lack of success. I swear that I must have some kind of glow in the dark sign on my forehead that says "DON'T DATE ME". Obviously this means that my very stylishly modern uber-pessimism superhero overundies (with hi-beam anti-dating labelling) have particularly successful. I'm glad to see Not-Kate is having more success than I am, cause someone has to be.

No comments: