Monday, November 10, 2008

Visions of Elections....Sugar Plums..... and Monks......

America has redeemed themselves and Obama is President. Woo!

New Zealand have taken an interesting route and voted National. My current thinking is WTF (!) but I will reserve judgement to see what gets screwed up first.

And advertising my heritage this week, I saw that some Greek Orthodox and Armenian (!) monks were in a brawl over some slight or other at the supposed site of Jesus' crucifixion. This is bizarre for me cause it seems that they are a *wee* bit far from home on both counts and it really doesn't fit with the overweight, blustery priests from both religions that I've met. This just reinforces my view that sometimes religion can go too far.......

I've been musing alot on Christmas and what I shall get for people. Currently I have a limited selection of ideas. It's very exciting thinking that I will get to be like Santa and travel down the island just to give presents to people. I'm thinking some fairy wings may be required.

No comments: