Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Continuing life

So the apartment search has been relatively successful but after talking to my financial guru advisor guy I have decided that to successfully manage the demands of Auckland and my plan of actually saving some pingas I will be required to share with another person.

Okay - I know I swore black and blue that I wanted to live on my own but gosh-darn-it-all-to-HE-double-hockey-sticks there is a whole lot more places out there if I have a couple of hundred extra bucks a week added to the budget. So the searching approach will be slightly altered but the plan is that this will also allow for the world of Spare 'Oom to be sufficiently financed for visitors. This now means navigating the world of flatmates. I'm not sure if I'm worried or okay with this.

And on another track, I'm rather looking forward to seeing Nic & Sammy at the weekend, my first friends to visit Orcland since I've been here. We will be going to the monthly Titirangi markets on Sunday which are apparently excellent.

Moving right along..... Work is AWESOME. I've been on site for a week now and am settling into a bit of a routine. I've got another bit of work to do for that customer as at tonight and will be learning SQL next week to do that! Yes yes geekiness ensues.....
My boss is pretty damn cool and he trusts me quite a bit which is a very refreshing change.

But anyway right now I'm watching the ever hilarious Robin Hood Men in Tights on telly so I'm going to bugger off now. But FYI the first thing that popped into my head when I saw it was on telly was how wierd it is not living with M&M!

1 comment:

Jimpa Stimpa said...

Oh banana that's a funny ole blog read, good luck with the apartment search and your geekness :)